I completed modifying one set of tracks from triple to single grouser. The first order of business was to remove the existing grouser bars. This was accomplished with the help of a belt sander:
After removing as much stock as possible with the sander, I finished with 80 grit by hand. This picture shows the bars removed:
In this picture on the left is a piece of .015” styrene cut to 5/16” X 1-9/16”. this was glued to the top of each shoe to cover any imperfections that sanding did not remove. On the right is what was used for the single grouser bar. It’s .060” X .100” styrene (Evergreen # 155):
Here’s the completed track:
There’s a lot left to accomplish on this build. I’m waiting on parts to modify the drive sprockets. Once they arrive and are installed, the front and rear idlers will be scratch built along with the track rollers. So for now, panel lines have to be scribed for the hood side panels and modifications to the blade are needed.