It's been forever since I updated this one. I painted it when I was home last time, and had so much going on I forgot to post pix. So , here she is with the main color. The stripes will be added as soon as I know all body work is done. I think you'll like the paintjob when it's complete. The color is Duplicolor Medium Gray Metallic lacquer. DSGM347.
Cab and air cleaner.
Air cleaner, visor, and firewall.
I decided to go with painted tanks on this one. I managed to get rid of the hideous seam on the tank ends, with a LOT of work.
Passenger side of the hood.
Driver's side during repair to the hood. I didn't cut the air cleaner opening quite right and needed to reshape it.
I got it fairly close.
However, after painting, the putty shrunk a little, so I will have to correct that. I think the stripes will cover that portion of the hood when they are on, so hopefully, after some more reshaping, it won't be visible under the stripe.
Ok kids, tell me what you think. Originally, I had planned on Winslow stripes for this one. They were 2 tone blue and silver from JBot. I clear coated them as recommended. However, the clear coat made them wrinkle up. All was not lost, though. This set from modeltruckin.com was a surprise included in an ebay purchase of a kit made last year. They are a variation of the Winslow stripes. I will need to repaint the interior Oxblood Red, but I like how they turned out. Even with one or 2 "Boo-Boos" I made, I think they turned out nice.
A little clean up on the stripes and she'll be ready for the next phase. I am curious, since I will be going with the Oxblood Red interior instead, anyone know of a good color for that?
This is the oldest project I have going, so I figure I should spend time on it and get it closer to being done. The name on the door should give a hint as to the planned trailer I figure it was time for a mock up, so here it is.
A had a few ideas hit me recently and I went with some of them.
I'm not sure if I'm doing the winterfront yet. It's the piece that comes with the Revell AG 359 kit, just ground very thin. As to the bugshield, that's from the Black Widow Peterbilt(Revell AG)kit. I painted it Testors Transparaent Candy Apple Red and added the KFS decals to it. Turned out better than I thought
Starting to look like a truck finally . The engine, tanks and battery boxes are glued in place, everything else is just for the mockup. Still some plumbing to do, but I figure the details can be added easier with a few things already in place.
Here we can see the Silver 92 through the grille. The headlights are by Clint Freeman. I lost the lenses, so they are the fog light lenses from the snap kit
I made these light bars from the rear bumper in the Revell AG Pete 359 kit. These represent the spring loaded type. I cut them to length, added the light on the end, and the plate that holds the spring is just scrap plastic.
Still quite a few things to do, but I'm going to finish this one up soon.