The "office" is just about done, only have fan to build & place on dash. Dash itself is mostly kit parts with turn signal switch and trailer spike added. Free standing brake knobs made from styrene strip & .030 rod. Say, that cab interior may be a little too clean for a fleet rig as well!
Headliner made from Evergreen scribed sheet, sunvisors cut from .030 styrene sheet. Radio console is kit part with radio faceplate detail built up from styrene strip & disks.
Exhaust pipe is styrene tube with 1/8" rod inside, heated & bent as required. Holes slip over brass wire pins that were installed in exhaust manifolds prior to their assembly to engine. Flex pipe section is copper wire wrapped tightly around then filed to flatten contour out slightly. Band clamps made from styrene strip at either end of flex pipe section, aluminum tube at far end where pipe to stack will join exhaust system at final assembly.
excellent work as always.did you use a special blend of a green?? i'm pretty shure you don't shoot from the rattle can.lol i must congradulate you on your fabulous esso kenworth. awsome work of excellence. wish i could be so patient..did you ever applied some decals of esso on the doors?? sorry off topic a little..
Thanks Craig, green is actually from Home Hardware's line of alkyd spray paint. It is their "Forest Green", I did decant into bottle for airbrushing. No extra thinning required, it goes on nicely. Photo of 1:1 scale Esso tractor only shows "Esso Petroleum Canada" in small white letters on door, no logo. Truly an "economy" paint scheme!
Thanks guys! One area kit parts can be improved on is mirrors, kit ones are the right basic shape however rather coarse. .030 styrene rod used for replacements, it can be flattened on the ends just like real mirror bracket parts. .015 x .040 strip used for flat portion against door, kit mirror heads are used with a small amount of reshaping. Bolt and rivet head details from Tichy Train Group, brackets tack glued to old parts box cab for assembly. Entire mirror will eventually be removed for paint & Alclad.
Thanks guys - I am pleased to be able to (finally) post "decals from Jerry" (Modeltruckin.com for Kingsway tractor decals) Unit # made from Woodland Scenics dry transfer lettering. Strips of Testors white decal paper cut .030 wide for striping. I liked putting the stripes on sooooooo much I did them twice....... I really did apply them twice as going over black & dark green they weren't quite opaque enough with just 1 layer.
Bare Metal Foil used on fender reflector with Tamiya clear orange over top. Ford emblem was cut out of donor (parts box) kit and sanded thinner, Bare Metal Foil also used on it. K&S .016 aluminum used for panels underneath doors and a small disk of same aluminum sheet punched out for lock cylinder.
Thanks guys! Been picking away at some "fiddly bits" which can be time consuming, a lot of fun to create though. The truck I'm modelling has newer Ford emblem and turn signals lights than the early 70's kit parts. Logo made from oval cut out of .016 sheet aluminum, decal from Ford pickup truck out of my "stash", drop of 5 minute epoxy on top. Signal lights are .030 x .156 styrene strip painted semigloss black, amber and red lenses cut & sanded from ones in the kit parts tree. Headlight pots de-chromed for Alclad, styrene pieces added on back side to represent socket & wiring plug.
Another item that used to be a common sight in trucks is the little dash mounted fan. AMT's W900 kit has a representation of this, not sure of any other kit versions. This one is made from clear .010 styrene disks laminated together. 1/16" styrene rod forms the pedestal with a .100 styrene rod motor. Base is round styrene disks drilled out for 1/16" rod - I left it extra long so fan can be placed in hole drilled into dash, stronger than just relying on a small glue joint. Small circle of chrome Mylar on end of fan "cage", rest of white styrene parts will get gloss black/Alclad to simulate chrome finish.