Post by convoy1977 on Sept 6, 2010 18:50:43 GMT -5
The 65 ghost rebuild is complete and I am very happy with te results.
1st I used 4 coats of clear, true it is yellow tinted but I gladly scrafice the color for experience. Once the Clear was cured it had the showroom shine but it also had fingerprints, bubbles and of course brush strokes. I wet sanded the finish with 1000 grain and then 2000 grain to remove all the imperfections (including the shine) the I used maguiars Color Restorer (wax/polish combo) used that 2 or 3 times to restor 75% of the shine. I am very pleased with the results. Now I can repeat the proccess on the actual paint and the next model should be even better.
I color coded the air lines
I hand painted the name on the door with a toothpick, not bad work
65 Ghost in the flesh, I also correct the tilt in the cab
Note the finish as mentioned, i like how it turned out
23hrs over 3 weeks to get this.. what do you think